The Software Build Engineer II is responsible for managing and implementing all phases of build, release and environment management for a distributed team developing engineering software. Duties also include developing and maintaining custom tools/scripts and integrating Open Source tools. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write and maintain licensing, architectural and Windows specific code.
- Convert legacy build tools to use current programming languages and tools.
- Perform software builds of ANSYS software products on Windows and Linux systems.
- Write, implement, schedule and manage automated build scripts with TFS.
- Maintain and support current software tools (Visual Studio, compilers, MPI, IDEs).
- Investigate and fix compilation and linker errors.
- Assemble, create, and test distribution media for official and special version releases.
- Execute acceptance tests to ensure product stability and conformance to company quality standards.
- Support developers by deploying tools, addressing build and production system issues.
- Interface with IT team to specify, deploy, maintain and update build systems.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field with 5+ years of experience.
- Experience building software on Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Demonstrated expertise in scripting (Linux shell, DOS cmd/bat) and/or languages such as perl or python.
- Good knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design.
CULTURE AND VALUES
- Experience automating tasks and procedures.
- Experience developing and debugging on Windows and/or Linux.
- Visual Studio, Intel and gcc compiler knowledge preferred.
- Experience with a continuous integration system like TFS or TeamCity is preferred.
- Experience with a configuration management software (GIT) is a plus.
- Experience implementing open source tools is a plus.
- Ability to plan and complete high-quality work on schedule.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills.
Culture and values are incredibly important to ANSYS. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs - guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
ANSYS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
ANSYS does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of ANSYS. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
Associated topics: application, c#, devops, java, perl, programming, python, sde, software developer, sw