Sr. IT Support Engineer
6 Month Contract-to-Hire
Contract Rate: $25.00 - $28.00 per hour
Target Salary Upon Conversion: $50K - $55K
This role is for someone who has been a senior technical support role, as well as Deskside support. Likely someone who has been a Level 3, and moved into a role taking care of all Sr Leadership within an organization. The customer is mostly Sr Management and Executive Leadership within an 800 employee company. The environment is faster pace and they need someone with some hustle. Main function is to work with and support PC, MAC, LAN/WAN deployments to employees at their desk and in the field. Also assist with supporting hardware and software components of audio/video. Will also support MS Office apps, & Google Apps that the employees use at their desks. Will also need experience with setting up, configuring ancillary devices to employee computers, laptops and such. This role will also occasionally support executive level staff.
This role will also spend time doing fun R&D, exploring new hardware/software and desktop configurations. Find ways for new hardware to work with existing corporate systems.
Along with this role, you will be processing help-desk tickets to track the work you do. Occasionally help the Level 3 support techs with their workload.
This is a list of the kind of work and systems you would be supporting:
- Installing / troubleshooting Windows 10, MAC OS,
- MS Outlook, MS Office programs on desktop and Office 365
- Working with executives in their offices and supporting them when they are in the field, visiting other offices, etc...
- Spend time doing R&D on new computer systems, desktops, laptops, mobile devices
- Imaging, deploying new machines to desks, monitors, laptops, desktops.
- Provisioning with Active Directory, GPO
- Deployment, repair of new computers, laptops, OS's, and ancillary devices
- Audio / Video experience with basic troubleshooting and auditing these.
Primarly will need someone for hours ranging from sometime between 7am 6pm, but may need to support company leaders outside of those hours when needed.
- 6+ years systems technical support experience with Microsoft OS's, Systems, PC's, and ancillary hardware in an enterprise environment. Must include experince supporting at a Level 3.
- 3+ years' experience supporting Mac OS and hardware devices
- Must have experience with supporting and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows 10 and MAC OS operating systems, and Mobile devices
- Experience supporting Executive leaders technical resources at larger companies
- Experience working with help desk ticketing systems (list any you have on resume)
- Experienced with Microsoft Office products, Office 365, Google Apps and such.
- General knowledge of supporting Active Directory, setting up users, profiles and such
- Some knowledge or understanding of ITIL
- Basic understanding / light experience with Linux
* Background check and drug test prior to start
College Degree or VoTech schooling towards a degree or certification
Google Apps for Business
Culture / Environment:
Friendly and fast paced.
Large cafeteria spaces
Great table-tennis areas
Lots of parking near the building
Associated topics: assistant, client support, desk, edi, help desk, information technology help desk, msword, technical support, technical support specialist, troubleshoot