As a leader in thermal technology, we design, develop, and manufacture heating, cooling, and ventilating devices for diverse global markets. With our employees, we pioneer and shape markets for comfort devices while seeking new ways to drive value for our customers. We employ approximately 10,000 people at twelve locations in North America, Europe and Asia.
Summary: The IT Support Administrator will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software for internal and external customers; ensuring a high level of customer service and support is provided. Responsible for supporting and maintaining the Microsoft server and desktop operating systems, and Microsoft Exchange environment plus general maintenance of all IT-related hardware/software. The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects and activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Monitor and respond effectively to requests received through the IT ticketing system (Level 1 and 2 support)
- Responsible for new user set up and disabling expired accounts
- Provide desktop and server support
- Fault-finding for user s laptop and desktop issues
- Assist in examination of network servers equipment and maintenance
- Support and maintain MS Server/Desktops and MS Exchange
- Coordination of computer maintenance with other Information Technology professionals
- Install authorized software to laptops and desktops
- Ensuring security and upgrades are applied and kept up to date on desktops and laptops
- Responsible for Antivirus deployment to all desktops and laptops
- Maintain and support other computer peripheral devices such as printers, switches, access points, etc.
- Ensure all logs for equipment and users are maintained
- Assist with server deployment
- Ensuring patches and upgrades are applied to core servers
- Partner with Purchasing Dept. for all IT hardware/software purchasing needs for HQ facility
- Ensuring all software purchased licensing is recorded and maintained
- Perform basic administrative support duties as required to meet specific operational objectives
- Assist in various IT projects
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Customer first mentality
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi task
- Bachelor's degree (B. A., B. S.) from four-year college or university; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possesses a very strong PC hardware/infrastructure skill set and proficiency with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office software.
Gentherm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Associated topics: assist, desktop, help, information technology support, patient, support, technical, technician i, technician iii, technology