A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job. About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's , SNICKERS , TWIX , MILKY WAY , DOVE , PEDIGREE , ROYAL CANIN , WHISKAS , EXTRA , ORBIT , 5 , SKITTLES , UNCLE BEN'S , MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA . Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl , VCA and Pet Partners . Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles - Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom - inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.Job Purpose:
This role is responsible for helping to drive and facilitating the execution of the Mars Cyber Defense Initiative (MCDI) and related projects/activities within the Mars Information Security Team. This role will help to keep the program running smoothly day-to-day, working with other members of the PMO team, work stream leaders and project leads to follow up on tasks and deliverables. This role will serve as a subject matter expert in our workflow and approval processes and minds the details of project, contract and invoice approvals. The holder of this role will have the opportunity to help shape and drive a critical and visible program for Mars.Key Responsibilities:
- Become the subject matter expert for workflow processes for the Information Security team related to ways of working and approval processes within Mars Digital Technologies.
- Prepare regular reporting on project status, KPIs and spend levels, following up on details where clarification is needed.
- Build positive working relationships with project leads and team members.
- Drive adoption of program management tools and techniques by helping to drive PMO process across all work streams.
- Coordinate critical meetings, workshops and other events as required.
- Provide critical support to PMO team and track internal team tasks and deliverables.
- Attention to detail and reliable follow-through, with openness when help is needed will make this role successful.
- Up to 25% travel, with multiple opportunities to travel globally
Education & Professional Qualification:
- Essential: Undergraduate degree - IT or Business Management preferred
- Desired: Certification(s) E.g. PRINCE2, Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or Managing Successful Programs (MSP)
- Desired: Agile Project Management and/or P3O certification/knowledge
- Desired: Knowledge of and passion for Information Security
- 1+ years demonstrable experience in a Project Management role
- Demonstrated competency in a technical IT organization & role
- Demonstrable experience of planning, managing and delivering projects
- Demonstrable experience of working within a structured Project environment
- Demonstrable experience of applying a Project Management Methodology
- Demonstrable knowledge of Project Management tools, techniques and terminology
- Demonstrable understanding of business process and change management
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- PPM, Ebuy & SAP budget management (desired)
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task