SUMMARY: The Microsoft Dynamics AX Functional Analyst is responsible for the solution configuration, customizations, security, support, integrity and management of Microsoft AX Dynamics in support of different functional area. As a strong business partner to the business, the Microsoft Dynamics AX Functional Analyst understands business challenges and opportunities and works to lead the configuration and maintenance of value added solutions to meet the set business requirements. Additionally, this position is responsible for troubleshooting and problem resolution, management and monitoring of system resources and performance, and support and maintenance of non-production environments related to Dynamics AX.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes business process issues and improvements, and provides solution recommendations to Business and IT management in timely manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to work systematically and logically to analyze situations, resolve problems, identify causes and anticipate implications
- Investigates problems with AX modules (OTC, Supply Chain, Production, Warehousing), diagnose root causes, and resolve issues.
- Documents and assist users in defining Business Requirements, process maps, and use cases.
- Investigate Feature Requests, clarify objectives, understand software functionality and recommend solutions using industry best practices.
- Functional and technical requirement gathering, gap analysis and documentation on MS Dynamics AX 2009 and WMS business processes
- Manage, lead, and participate in new software implementation and projects
- Develop project plans, establish and meet target dates and budget
- Direct and supervise vendors, consultants, and team members when leading projects
- Fulfills Ad-hoc business reporting needs and assists with interpretation of data.
- Collaborate with Developers, DB Admins and business departments
- Assist the programmers and developers through designing, programming, testing, deploying, maintaining, and supporting User initiatives
- Create and maintain documentation and standards including all pertinent IT Service Catalog entries
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing help desk support; training users
- Manage all work teams including technical, functional, as well external and offshore software providers
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science/Information Systems
- 5-10 years of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 ERP Systems support experience
- 5+ years of experience supporting and understanding of business processes for Manufacturing ERP systems and WMS
- Experience working with WAX (Warehousing for AX) is preferred!
- Should have completed at least 1 Full Life-Cycle Implementation of ERP
- Experience working within OTC, Supply Chain, Production, Warehousing and Distribution
- Hands on experience in diverse areas including implementation, migration, training & troubleshooting
- Experience in ERP gap analysis and requirements gathering
- Excellent communication, project management & presentation skills
- Time management skills are a must; as well as the ability to be flexible and creative
- Excellent Documentation Skills
- Experience with Microsoft Reporting server and/or Crystal Reports
- Strong analytical skills are required
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Appropriate handling of confidential information
- Worked with teams of developers including offshore teams
Associated topics: application architect, application developer, develop, devops, lead, matlab, maven, programming, software architect, software engineer lead