Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Business Information Architect I for our Phoenix, AZ, San Antonio, TX facility or Remote.
Jobs that are part of a community have unique requirements established to maintain consistent application, usage and reporting structure. Please reach out to your HR Business Partner for additional information on specific requirements prior to posting and/or employee placement into this job.
Holds responsibility for the maintenance of the information to support the measuring and monitoring of enterprise business needs. Maintains the design around the full set of Enterprise information capabilities that support existing and strategic business capabilities.
- Applies intermediate knowledge to perform regular assessments of the health and maturity of information capabilities for a given domain.
- Applies intermediate knowledge to identify new information capabilities needed to support existing business capabilities of a given business domain.
- Maintains the information capability repository with these identified needs.
- Participates in efforts to define the mission, goals, critical success factors, principles, and policies for information strategy and information architecture.
- Participates in the modification of the USAA-Integrated Information Capability Roadmap.
- Participate in building the business cases required to secure approval and funding for the Data and Analytical efforts needed to support the Information Capability Roadmap.
- Applies intermediate knowledge to advise on the maintenance of a conceptual model for information capabilities for a given domain.
- Partners to understand the end to end change impact by managing linkages from information capabilities to technical assets (operational + analytical).
- Partners in the maintenance of an integrated logical data model to understand data and its interdependencies regardless of its usage pattern.
- Provides consulting and guidance on appropriate data sources to be used in solution development and delivery.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information and Data Science, Information Studies or a related technical field (4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree) OR Master's degree in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information and Data Science, Information Studies or a related technical field OR PhD in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information and Data Science, Information Studies or a related technical field
- If Bachelor's degree, 4 or more years experience in information and/or data architecture OR If Master's degree, 2 or more years experience in information and/or data architecture OR If PhD, 1 or more years experience in information and/or data architecture
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge of Financial Services products and processes (Life Insurance, Annuities, Health, Investments, and Financial Advice)
- Demonstrated strategic thinker, Plans information architecture by studying the business strategy and target audience; envisioning architectural scheme, information structure and features, functionality, and user-interface design (APIs);
- Identifies user requirements by researching and analyzing user needs, preferences, objectives, and working methods; studying how users consume content, including data categorization and labeling; meeting with focus groups.
- Demonstrated experience using IBM IIW/IFW 8.9 in developing business terms, supportive content, Business Data Model, Atomic Warehouse model & Dimensional warehouse model
- Demonstrated experience using IBM InfoSphere Information Server Suite including Information Governance Catalog
- Demonstrated experience using IBM InfoSphere Data Architect including data modeling capabilities to discover, model, relate, and standardize diverse and distributed data assets across the enterprise, at all points in the data design lifecycle; preparing logical data models;
- Experience working in a hub and spoke model or a highly matrixed organization
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Associated topics: cloud architect, information architect, infrastructure, infrastructure architect, ip, network, principal systems engineer, server, system architect, systems integration architect